July 30, 2012

ALREADY THERE

















Yes, that's my shadow in most of the food plate pictures and no, I don't really care to edit it out. Went on a food date with my favorites to one of my favorite French restaurants in the area- Bouchon. The food is always on point and the view of the court downstairs, the lit-up fountain, and the lights coming from the Montage across the way really make for a lovely evening if you're sitting outside. Everything I have had at Bouchon has been amazing- from their escargot with little puff pastry hats to the bread they serve at the beginning of each meal. There's always a decent crowd to people-watch and eavesdrop on, too. Such fascinatingly mundane conversations. / I was texting a friend that night and sent him a photo of the fountain- his response was that it looked like a stack of beautiful, glowing upside down mushrooms. Granted, English is not his first language...I honestly don't know if I could have put it better myself. Sometimes it's nice to get a fresh perspective on the way we see things in the world. / It's been a weird topsy-turvy couple of weeks for me and looking back at these photos makes me realize what an awesome life I have. I realize that must have sounded uber-douchey, but it's true. I am inexplicably blessed and while I feel I'm always reaching for something higher up on the shelf, I'm thankful for moments like this that bring me back and make me realize that I'm already there. Everything else is just gravy...though I do love my gravy.

No comments:

Post a Comment