August 30, 2012

I GET BY WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM MY FRIENDS


23.
Such an armpit of an age, isn't it? At 22, it was so close to 21 that I could still feel comfortable justifying my actions and mentality as young and reckless. 23, not so much. 24 I feel is a nice, solid age. I feel like 24 will be a good year for us all...something about it just sounds good, solid. / Birthdays have always been a huge ordeal for me...birthday week it was aptly named. My friends would joke that August was coming up and it was almost time for my birthday month. This wasn't too far off from the truth, though. From my 16th birthday onward my birthdays involved all fashions of unnecessary extravagances- from limos and week-long beach house rentals to ludicrous amounts of champagne and suites at the Ritz. The past two years, though, I've toned it down. AKA got some sort of a grip on my ridiculousness and tried to humble myself out a bit. You are not P Diddy, princess. And also, I feel like I'm taking the credit for someone else's work...it's not like I gave birth to myself. That being said, I did enjoy my birthday festivities this past weekend. Another welcome reminder of how lucky I am to have such wonderful people in my life.
Thank you again.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment